SOS Think Tank member Christopher C. Perks is renowned as one of the travel industry’s original thinkers and marketing geniuses, a top level executive with more than 40 (?) years of real-world operational experience that spans the globe, including Europe, Asia, North and South America, and the Caribbean.
Perks is founder and president of The Opus Group, an internationally known consulting and event management company for travel industry alliance marketing and business development. The Opus Group has also inaugurated leadership summits and business networking events for organizations like the United States Tour Operators Association Travelers Conservation Foundation and USTO Board of Directors meeting, comprised of top travel industry executives and brands.
If you’re still not familiar with Perks, you’ve probably run across him as a guest speaker at industry conventions, like the Meeting Professional International, the Society of Incentive & Travel Executives or the American Society of Travel Agents World Congress.
Major Highlights & Accomplishments
- Founder of the Opus Group.
- Managing director, Doral Resorts of Florida
- Executive vice president, Doral Hotels & Resorts Management Company.
- He is a Founder, Past President and an originating Foundation Trustee of the Society of Incentive & Travel Executives.
- Director of International Marketing at Loews’ corporate headquarters, in New York City, for hotels in London, Monte Carlo, Germany and the Bahamas.